Friday, May 16, 2008

Catching up with the Cracker Cats



So sorry friend, I let the blog slide for a few weeks, and forgot to tell you about the Edmonton Cracker Cats open team tryouts. Remember, the official (unofficial [arbitrarily chosen]) baseball team of this blog? Well sadly, the tryouts already came and went. And to think, they also had cheerleading tryouts, advertised as no experience necessary! Personally, I think I'd have made at least one of the two.


But onward, upward, and etc. Opening Night is just a week from now. That's right. Friday, May 23, the old Cats take on the Calgary Vipers. First pitch is 7:05, Mountain Time. This being my first experience with our official team, I can't say whether the games can be tracked live, but check the website (theirs) on game night. Looks like there's a current box score type thing. In any case you'll get a good old fashioned game recap of some kind here. Hopefully I can borrow one from somebody. Though I kinda doubt independent minor league baseball gets great coverage up North. We'll see.


Oh, and extra incentive to make it for Opening Night - FIREWORKS! Are you making travel arrangements now?

No comments: